So one of my favorite foods is pizza. I love specialty pizzas just as much as I love plain ol’ cheese pizza. However, we all know that pizza is not at the top of the healthy foods list. I was on the hunt for a recipe of a pizza crust that was keto approved and so I found the chicken crust pizza. The crust holds up perfectly and it is quite crunchy. It is low in carbs and high in protein. I found this pizza to be quite filling and a great way to trick yourself into thinking that you’re having some yummy pizza and it truly is yummy. Remember that you can substitute your toppings. This recipe was inspired by @keto.connect. So here’s my version:
– 1 can of Tyson premium white chicken
– 2 strips of turkey bacon
– 1/3 cup of green bell peppers
– 1 egg
– 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
– 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Drain chicken while its in the can then on a flat baking sheet place the chicken and flatten with a fork. Place in oven for 10 minutes to dry the chicken.
– Remove the chicken from the oven and place in a medium bowl. Increase the temperature to 500 degrees. Mix the chicken with the egg and parmesan cheese and combine with a fork until it is well incorporated.
– Place the mixture onto the baking sheet again and flatten it with the fork into a circle shape. Pat the sides of the crust upwards with a fork to make sure the toppings will stay in place.
– Place in the oven once more for 10 minutes. Remove the crust and place your desired toppings. For this pizza I placed the mozzarella cheese first and then proceeded to place the rest of the toppings which were the green bell peppers and the turkey bacon.
– Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes at 500 degrees again.
– Remove pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes and enjoy!!!